Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
A hot and spicy soup ideal for using up leftover lamb
- 250g Lamb leg or shoulder, diced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 celery stick, diced
- 700ml lamb or chicken stock
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 1 small chilli, chopped
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp dried cumin
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp tumeric
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 cooking apple, peeled, cored and chopped
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 50 dried basmati rice, cooked as per instructions and cooled
- STEP 1Heat the oil and fry the onion, carrot and celery for 3 minutes. Add the chilli, garlic and ginger and fry for 1 more minute.
- STEP 2Add the lamb, all of the spices and the stock. Season with salt and pepper and bring to the boil. Simmer for 30 minutes.
- STEP 3Add the lemon juice, rice and apple. Continue to simmer for 10 minutes.
- STEP 4Serve.