Cherry & Bannana Loaf
- Preparation and cooking time
- Makes 1 x 2lb loaf or 2 x 1lb loaf
A moist & fruity Loaf. Freezes well, it's a good way of using up over-ripe bannanas.
- 113g/4oz demerera sugar
- 170g/6oz marg/ butter
- 4 medium bannanas
- 226g/8oz self raising flour
- 2 medium eggs
- 113g/4oz sultanas
- 85g/3oz cherries
- 28g/1oz walnuts(optional)
- STEP 1cream butter & sugar together until pale
- STEP 2Mash banana's mix in beaten eggs
- STEP 3mix wet ingredients into the butter, fold together
- STEP 4fold in the flour, fruit don't worry if it looks a little curdled just mix a little more.
- STEP 5Spoon into 1x2lb loaf tin or 2x 1lb loaf tin. Bake for 1 hour 150 c or until a skewer comes out clean. When cool wrap in baking parchment and store in a cool cupboard or freeze.