Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Balsamic Baked Strawberries
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Serves 4
Balsamic vinegar may seem a strange flavour for a dessert, but it really complements the sweetness of the strawberries.
- 800g large Strawberries, tops cut off and halved
- 50-100ml Balsamic vinegar
- 50g caster or granulated sugar
- tsp Green peppercorns
- 1 or 2 scoops ice cream or frozen yoghurt, to serve
- STEP 1Preheat the oven to the lowest possible heat, or use the aga warming oven later. Prepare the strawberries, wash, cut off the tops and halve them lengthways. Place in an oven proof dish.
- STEP 2Place the balsamic vinegar, sugar and green peppercorns in a small saucepan and heat over a low heat until the sugar is dissolved. Make sure you don't burn the sugar onto the bottom of the pan.
- STEP 3Pour the balsamic vinegar mix over the strawberries and place in the preheated oven or aga warming oven.
- STEP 4After about 50 minutes, put the heat of the oven up to 200C, or transfer the strawberries to the aga roasting oven (the hotter one).
- STEP 5Remove from the oven and serve with ice cream or frozen yoghurt.