Cod with tomatoes and butter beans
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
- One small onion (finely chopped)
- One large clove of garlic (finely chopped)
- One small carrot ( diced )
- 4 mushrooms ( chopped )
- Half a tin of butter beans
- Tin of chopped tomatoes in herbs
- Salt and pepper
- 8-10 black olives (pitted)
- 2 skinless cod fillets cut into bite sized chunks
- Basil (optional)
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- STEP 1Gently sauté the chopped onions, garlic, olives and carrots in the oil in a heavy bottomed pan or casserole dish.
- STEP 2Add the tin of tomatoes and bring to a simmer . Season to taste .
- STEP 3Add the butter beans and the cod. Simmer very gently with the lid on until the cod is cooked and flakes . This should take about 5 mins depending on thickness of cod .
- STEP 4Garnish with basil if desired and serve with crusty bread or cabbage .