Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Chicken With Chilli & Lime
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- More effort
- Serves 2
A delicious quick and easy meal perfect anytime.
- Butterflied Chicken breast x2
- Lime zest and juice x1
- Coriander 1/2 tsp
- Cumin 1/4 tsp
- Turmeric 1/4 tsp
- Cinnamon 1/4 tsp
- Olive oil 1 tbsp
Basmati rice enough for 2 people
- Chicken stock enough according to rice packet
- Onion 1/2 diced
- Garlic 2 cloves sliced
- Kale 2 handfuls roughly chopped
- Chilli 2 de-seeded and sliced
- Lemon juice x1
- STEP 1Add the coriander to pestle and mortar and crush then add the rest of the spices and mix thoroughly. Rub the chicken with oil and rub in the spice mixture. Then rub the lime zest on top. Leave to one side.
- STEP 2Add a little oil to a medium saucepan. Fry the onion and half the sliced garlic for a few minutes then add the chicken stock. Add the rice and cook per packet instructions. Add the kale about 5 minutes before the rice is cooked.
- STEP 3Meanwhile heat a griddle pan and cook the chicken turning once. While cooking heat a little oil in a small saucepan and fry the rest of the garlic and all the chilli. After a few minutes add all the lime and lemon juice and cook on a high heat until thickened slightly then remove from the heat.
- STEP 4Pile half the rice on each plate and place a chicken breast on each pile. Finish with half the chilli lime dressing on top and serve.