Orange Winter Soup
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Serves 4
- 2 large carrots sliced
- 1 medium onion cubed
- 2 cloves of garlic sliced
- 1/4 small pumpkin cubed
- 1 chopped tomato
- 1 small golden skinned turnip
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 1/2 cup red lentils
- 1/2 cup white rice
- 1/2 litre boiled water
- 3 tbsp soja milk
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- chilly powder or red chilli to taste
- STEP 1Heat the chopped onions and garlic in a pan, add curry powder and chilli (or not if preferred) and lightly cook.
- STEP 2Add the chopped tomato, carrots, turnip and pumpkin and stir well.
- STEP 3Add the boiled water, stock cube, red lentils and rice.
- STEP 4Leave to simmer for at least half an hour until well cooked, remove from heat and hand blend.
- STEP 5Stir in soya milk and curry leaves, return to very low heat for 10 minutes, serve hot.