Member recipe by freyacm
A delicious loaf cake which is easy to make and ideal for sharing with the family at Eater time.
- 150g sunflower spread
- 100g unrefined caster sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 75ml milk
- 200g plain flour
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 100g Jordans Country Crisp Chocolate
- 125g marzipan, diced
- To finish:
- 50g 70% dark chocolate
- 50g unrefined caster sugar
- 2 tbsp boiling water
- 50g Jordans Country Crisp Chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 180 C/ 170 C fan oven/ Mk 5. Line a 2lb/ 900g loaf tin with baking parchment.
- Beat together sunflower spread and sugar until light and creamy. Stir in egg and milk gradually, alternating with a spoonful of flour.
- Fold in remaining flour, the cornflour and the baking powder. Fold in Jordans Country Crisp Chocolate.
- Spoon half of the mix into the prepared loaf tin. Add the marzipan, then the remaining cake mix. Bake for 50 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean when inserted.
- Leave in the tin to cool slightly while you melt the chocolate for the topping. Melt the chocolate over a pan of simmering water, or in the microwave.
- Stir the boiling water into the sugar, and then stir all into the chocolate. Set the cake on a rack, and spoon over the chocolate icing. Spoon over the Jordans Country Crisp Chocolate, and press into the chocolate icing.
- Leave to cool completely for about 2 hours, before slicing.