- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 5
A delicious, warming veggie supper. Serve with salad and garlic bread.
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 sweet potato, finely sliced
- 2 large courgettes, finely sliced
- 1 aubergine, peeled and diced
- 6 - 8 sheets of lasagne
- Jar of tomato pasta sauce or homemade tomato pasta sauce
- Butter, flour and milk for about a pint/pint and half of white sauce
- A fresh green chopped chilli (optional)
- Three handfuls of grated cheese
- STEP 1Gently fry the onion and sweet potato for about 3 minutes. Add the garlic, courgettes, chilli and aubergine and fry for a further 5-6 minutes. Season the veg mix.
- STEP 2Make the white sauce, add a half of the cheese and season well.
- STEP 3Layer up the lasagne - Veg mix, tomato sauce, lasagne, white sauce. Repeat and finish with a sprinkle of the remaining cheese. Bake at 180 fan / 200 for 30-40 minutes.