Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
- Preparation and cooking time
- Makes 12 cookies
These cookies are the pinnacle of perfection! If you want a big, fat, chewy cookie like the kind you see at bakeries and specialty shops, then these are the cookies for you!
- 250g plain flour
- 100g caster sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 170g unsalted butter, melted
- 200g dark brown soft sugar
- 150g chocolate chips
- (If you don't have unsalted butter, add the same amount of salted butter but don't add the salt.)
- STEP 1Preheat the oven to 170 C / Gas mark 3. Grease baking trays or line with parchment.
- STEP 2Sift together the flour, bicarb and salt; set aside.
- STEP 3In a medium bowl, cream together the melted butter, brown sugar and caster sugar until well blended. Beat in the vanilla, egg and egg yolk until light and creamy. Mix in the sifted ingredients until just blended.
- STEP 4Stir in the chocolate chips using a wooden spoon.
- STEP 5Drop cookie dough onto the prepared baking trays, with each cookie around 1 and a 1/2 teaspoons of dough onto the prepared baking tray. Do not flatten the dough. Cookies should be about 8cm apart.
- STEP 6Bake for 15 to 17 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the edges are lightly toasted. Cool on baking trays for a few minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.
- STEP 7Enjoy!