Baked Tuna Risotto
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
Easy oven-cooked risotto that serves 4
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 brown onion
- 1 red pepper
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 red onion
- 600ml chicken stock
- 300g arborio rice
- 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- Approx. 200g drained tinned tuna (2 tins)
- A couple of handfuls of rocket and/or spinach (optional)
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- STEP 1Add olive oil, chopped onions, red pepper and garlic to an oven-proof pan and fry gently for 5 minutes to soften, stirring often.
- STEP 2Add the rice and fry gently for 1 minute, then stir in the stock and tinned tomatoes.
- STEP 3Stir in the tuna and season with salt and black pepper. Cover the pan.
- STEP 4Put in a preheated oven at 200 degrees C, 180 degrees fan, gas mark 6, for 20 minutes. Stir and add a little more liquid if necessary and cook for a further 10 minutes. Serve with the rocket and spinach if required.