Chocolate and Cherry Cupcakes
Member recipe by foreverm97
ServingsServes 1 - 12 Cakes
These indulgent chocolate and cherry cupcakes melt in your mouth with it's tasty gooeyness.
- The Cupcakes:
- 125g of Unsalted Butter
- 100g of Cooking Chocolate (Broken into pieces)
- 110g of Glace Cherries
- 35g of Cocoa Powder
- 150g of Caster Sugar
- 2 Large Eggs (Beaten)
- 150g of Self Raising Flour
- The Decoration:
- 100g of Almonds
- Betty Crocker âChocolate Buttercream Icingâ.
- Preheat the oven to 1800C/ Gas Mark 4.
- In a large mixing bowl cream the butter and sugar until the mixture is pale and smooth â this should take 3-5 minutes using an Electric Hand Mixer.
- Add the eggs and vanilla extract and beat again briefly â add the sifted flour and baking powder and beat the mixture again until itâs well combined.
- Stir in the pieces of Dark Chocolate and Cherries using a wooden spoon (Make sure you do not crush the chocolate, otherwise when the cupcakes are baking, the chocolate wonât melt inside).
- Carefully spoon the mixture into each of the cupcake cases, filling them to about two-thirds full.
- Bake them in the oven for about 20-25 minutes â to check they are cooked, insert a skewer in the centre of the cakes which should come out clean.
- Remove from the oven and leave the cakes in their tins for about 10 minutes before carefully placing on a wire rack to cool.
- Once they are completely cool, ice the cupcakes with the Chocolate Buttercream icing using a mini palette or butter knife. For decoration, place 5-6 almonds on each top in a petal formation and a dot of white icing in the centre as the pollen.