Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Crumbly sugar-free gluten-free biscuits
- Preparation and cooking time
- Makes 10 - 12 biscuits
Sugar free, gluten free with a crumbly texture. Ideal for diabetics.
- 70g chopped walnuts
- 60g powdered almonds
- 60g porridge oats
- 100g melted butter
- 45g granulated sweetener (I use a brand with erythritol base + 0.22% sucralose)
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 tsp almond essence
- STEP 1Place the walnuts, almonds and oats into a food processor or mini-blender and blitz into a fine powder.
- STEP 2Add the other ingredients (butter, sweetener, egg, flavourings) and blitz again to a smooth paste.
- STEP 3Use an ice cream scoop or tablespoon dipped in water to place balls of the mixture on a baking sheet (10 - 12 balls depending on the size). Flatten them with the back of the spoon and mark with a fork. (Dipping the spoon in water stops the mixture sticking to it.)
- STEP 4Bake at 180°c for 16 minutes. The biscuits will still be soft at this stage but leave them to cool and they will harden up and become crumbly. Store in an airtight container.