Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Serves 12
Great Autumn cake with a lovely spice flavour
- 250g Plain Flour
- 1 tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
- 2 tsp Ground Ginger
- Pinch Cinnamon
- Pinch Ground Cloves
- 100ml Hot Water
- 3 tbsp Black Treacle
- 50g Butter
- 150g Soft Brown Sugar
- 100g Pumpkin, grated
- 1 Large Egg, beaten
- STEP 1Preheat the oven to 180 deg C.
- STEP 2Mix the flour, bicarb and spices together in a large bowl and put to one side.
- STEP 3In a saucepan melt together the hot water, treacle, butter and sugar, sirring frequently.
- STEP 4Allow the treacle mix to cool a little and then mix in the grated pumpkin.
- STEP 5Make a dip in the dry mixture and pour in the egg, add hald of the pumpkin/treacle mixture and mix well with a metal spoon.
- STEP 6Add the rest of the pumpkin mixture and continue to stir until thoroughly mixed in.
- STEP 7Pour into a deep, greased baking tin and bake for 50-55 mins.