- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Makes Pancakes
Fluffy pancakes perfect with back bacon and maple syrup.
- 135g plain flour
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 130ml milk
- 1 large egg slightly beaten (or 2 medium)
- 6 knobs of butter (2x1cm)
- 10ml olive oil
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- STEP 1Sift the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt into a mixing bowl. Put to one side.
- STEP 2In a jug measure 130ml of milk and add the whisked egg and olive oil. Mix together for a few seconds.
- STEP 3Add the flour mixture and the milk mixture and whisk together until all lumps have been removed. Leave to stand for a minute. Place mixture into a jug.
- STEP 4Heat a non stick frying pan on a medium heat with a knob of butter. Once the butter has melted add a 10cm dollop of the mix into the pan. Once bubbles start to appear on the top of the pancake flip and cook the other side. Repeat this until mixture is finished.
- STEP 5Serve with crispy smoked or unsmoked back bacon with maple syrup.