Butternut Squash Soup
Member recipe by fkar1990
Butternut Squash and Sweet Potato soup. A great soup for any occasion with vibrant flavours!
- 1 Onion Chopped
- 1 Large Butternut Squash Cubed
- 1 Large Sweet Potato Cubed
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 1 and 1/2 pints of Vegetable Stock
- Bunch of Rosemary or Thyme tied (whichever preferred)
- Large Grating of Parmesan Cheese
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Cream (if you like)
- Put the chopped Onion, cubed Butternut Squash and the cubed Sweet Potato into a pan with the butter. Sweat for 20 minutes on a medium heat, stirring continuously.
- After 20 minutes add the 1 and 1/2 pints of vegetable stock and add the bunch of tied Rosemary (or Thyme if preferred). Cook through until the Butternut Squash and Sweet Potato are soft.
- Take the Rosemary out (doen't matter if some bits have come loose). Use a handheld blender to get rid of all the chunks. If it seems too thick add more vegetable stock.
- Finally, Add the large grating of Parmesan Cheese (about a handful) and then season well. Add some cream if you like.