Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 6
Irish wholemeal soda bread
- 6 oz spelt flour
- 6oz khorasan or wholemeal flour
- 1/2 pint milk soured with 1 tablespoon of white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 oz porridge oats
- STEP 1Heat oven to 200 degrees.
- STEP 2Combine all the dry ingredients and mix well.
- STEP 3Stir in the soured milk and gently combine.
- STEP 4Turn the dough out onto a baking tray and shape. Cut a deep cross into it and bake for 30 minutes.