Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Black beans and cabbage
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
This can be a hearty side dish or a vegetarian main course with a green salad.
- Head of cabbage shredded
- 50g butter
- medium onion chopped
- 400g black beans cooked
- 2 tomatoes chopped
- Salt and white pepper to taste
- Yoghurt or sour cream
- Chopped coriander
- STEP 1Saute the first 3 ingredients until soft, about 10 to 15 minutes. Add salt and pepper and stir.
- STEP 2Add the rinsed and drained beans. Gently saute the beans with cabbage-onion mixture for 10 minutes.
- STEP 3Stir in the tomato and simmer for 5 more minutes. Adjust the seasonings
- STEP 4Serve over individual bowls of brown rice, top with yoghurt or sour cream and sprinkle with chopped coriander.