- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Makes Cakes
QUICK AND EASY recipe to make a delicious SPONGE CAKE. This is also great made into cupcakes or decorated for a party! This cake is a reason to CELEBRATE!
- 4oz Salted Butter
- 4oz Caster Sugar
- 4oz Flour
- 2 Medium-Large eggs
- Vanilla Essence
- STEP 1Preheat your oven to gas 5/190 C/ 375 fan.
- STEP 2Firstly sift your sugar into the bowl. Add the butter then mix until light and fluffy.
- STEP 3Put an egg into the bowl and quickly whisk in. Repeat this with the second egg.
- STEP 4Sift in the flour and whisk into the mix.
- STEP 5Add a splash of milk and a few drops of vanilla essence.
- STEP 6Grease a small baking tin with a little butter/line a cake tray with 12 cake cases.
- STEP 7Fill each case about 3/4 full/put all of the mix into the tin.
- STEP 8Put the cupcakes in the oven for 14 mins or until golden-brown. Put the single sponge in for 30-40 mins or until golden-brown.
- STEP 9Take out and leave on a wire rack to cool. Decorate as you wish or serve plain.