Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Oat and cherry bakes
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- More effort
- Makes Squares
great as a snack, for kids lunchboxes, a deliciously, moist and filling tray bake that everyone will enjoy. I like to have a slice before going to bed, a healthy and not-so-guilty treat which gives me the perfect sleep!
- 1 cup flour
- 1and 1/2 cups coconut
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 250 grms Marg
- 2tbsp honey
- 1 small tub chopped glace cherries, washed and dried
- STEP 1put all dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- STEP 2Melt the marg and honey in a pan on low heat. once it starts to bubble, add the bicarbonate of soda and take off heat.
- STEP 3add this mixture to the dry mixture and stir well to make sure all the oats are coated.
- STEP 4pat into a square baking tray and bake on gas mark 3 for approx 20 mins until golden brown.
- STEP 5score into squares when taken out of the oven, then put into an airtight container once it has cooled down.