Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
beef mince curry
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Serves 3
Recipe given to me by frugal cook 40 yrs+ ago, surprisingly good and tasty.
- 1 large onion chopped
- pkt minced beef (I use 10% fat)
- 1 tbs flour
- madras curry powder
- 1pint Beef stock (e.g. 3 oxo cubes)
- branston pickle
- STEP 1Put oil in pan with chopped onion and gently fry
- STEP 2mix flour and curry powder in a polythene bag, then add the minced beef, mix altogether thoroughly
- STEP 3Tip this in with onion and cook until browned, turning often
- STEP 4meanwhile mix cubes with hot water and stir into meat mixture, finally add 2 tbs branston pickle (or as desired)
- STEP 5Put lid on frypan and cook until meat is tender, about 30-45 minutes, serve with boiled rice and poppodums.
- STEP 6Very easy and as hot as you make it