Thai Salmon Fillets - WITH A CRUNCH!
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
Thai flavoured salmon fillets, topped with crispy ritz crackers and served with basmati rice. I made this dish for GCSE: Food and Nutrition (Home Economics). Hey! I'm 14 years old and I love to cook with ambitions to becoming a chef when I grow up and to encourage me to practise my cooking more often I am attempting to invent new recipes and uploading them here.
- 50g Ginger
- 1 Green CHili
- 1 Red Chili
- Small Bunch Fresh Coriander
- 25 Ritz Crackers
- 2 Limes
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 4 Salmon Fillets
- 15ml Olive Oil
- 300g Basmati Rice
- STEP 1Wash your hands and the work surface. Gather all of the ingredients and equipment you will need. Also, pre-heat the oven to 160C.
- STEP 2Begin to heat a large pan of water over the hob on high heat.
- STEP 3Finely slice the ginger, green chili, red chili and roughly chop the coriander.
- STEP 4Roughly crack the ritz crackers into a small bowl, add the garlic, ginger, coriander and both chilies – squeeze in the lime juice before seasoning with the salt, pepper and sugar. Mix.
- STEP 5Place the 4 salmon fillets in the small casserole dish and cover each with the ritz cracker mixture. Pour the olive oil onto each salmon fillet and cook in the oven for 20-30 minutes. While the salmon is in the oven, wash up any equipment you have used.
- STEP 6When there is around 10 minutes of cooking time left, add the rice to the saucepan and cook until soft.
- STEP 7Remove the salmon from the oven.
- STEP 8Strain the rice.
- STEP 9Put everything onto 4 plates or add the rice into the casserole dish and cover with cling film to eat later. Just re-heat in the oven or microwave.
- STEP 10Wash all the equipment and the work surface. Put all rubbish into the bin.