Asparagus, egg & tomatoes
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Serves 2
A healthy starter and looks great on the plate too!
- 10 asparagus tips
- 2 large sprigs of tomatoes on the vine
- 2 eggs
- STEP 1Put a pan of water onto the hob until it starts to simmer and pre-heat the grill to a medium heat. Place the tomatoes under for around 5-10 minutes or until they have gone soft.
- STEP 2Slowly crack each egg into separate ramakins, trying not to break the yolk. Add these slowly to the simmering water and poach until cooked.
- STEP 3Steam the asparagus in a steamer for a couple of minutes until tender.
- STEP 4Plate up the food, gently breaking the egg in half so the yolk starts to ooze out and season with pepper.