Member recipe by eyonb1
ServingsServes 1 - 8
By Lesley Waters "Good Food 40 best chicken recipes" - September 2008. Great for kids
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 85g/3oz porridge oats
- 450g/1lb minced chicken
- 100g/4oz dried apricots, finely chopped
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 1 egg, beaten
- Small rolls, tomato chutney and cucumber slices, to serve
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan. Gently fry the onion for 5 minutes until soft. Add the garlic, cook for 1 min, add the oats, then fry for 2 minutes more. Tip into a bowl, then set aside to cool.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the cooled mixture, then mix well. Season to taste, then shape into 8 patties.
- Heat oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6. Heat the remaining olive oil in a large, non-stick frying pan, then sear the burgers on each side until well coloured (3-4 minutes). Transfer to a baking sheet, then cook for 10-15 minutes. Serve in rolls with tomato chutney and cucumber slices.