Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
- Preparation and cooking time
- Makes 8-10 rolls
White bread rolls - great for sandwiches
- 500g Strong White Flour
- 7g Easy Bake Yeast
- 2 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp Sugar
- 100ml Whole Milk (plus a little extra for finishing)
- 200ml Water (combined with milk to luke warm temperature)
- 3 Tbsp Olive Oil plus additional (vegetable or olive) for greasing
- Coarse Semolina for dusting
- STEP 1Prepare a baking sheet by lightly greasing with oil (I use kitchen roll to lightly grease, rub off most so the tray is almost dry) then lightly dust the baking sheet with flour.
- STEP 2Combine the flour, yeast, sugar and salt in a bowl. Create a small well then add the combined milk, olive oil and water (luke warm temperature). If you have a food mixer, knead for 5 minutes using the dough hook attachment. If you don't have a food mixer, knead for at least 10 minutes by hand. Let the dough rest for 5 minutes.
- STEP 3Knead the dough for a further couple of minutes then divide into 8-10 pieces, kneading and shaping into rounds. Place evenly onto baking sheet.
- STEP 4Brush each roll with whole milk and then dust with coarse semolina.
- STEP 5Proof the rolls in a warm place for about an hour, or until doubled in size. Pre-heat the oven to 230°C/210°C fan/Gas Mark 8. Once proofed, bake in oven for 15 minutes, until golden brown.
- STEP 6Wrap the baked rolls in a clean tea towel and leave to cool (wrapped) on a wire rack.