- Preparation and cooking time
- Makes makes approx 12 pancakes
yummy pancakes, great served with syrup
- 225g (8 oz) self raising flour
- 4 dessertspoons caster sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons golden syrup
- 2 knobs of butter, melted (walnut-sized pieces)
- 150ml milk (more if required)
- STEP 1Mix all dry ingredients together in a large bowl. Mix the wet ingredients together in a jug. Combine the dry and wet ingredients, mix to a smooth batter (to the consistency of a paste).
- STEP 2Lightly grease a griddle or frying pan and place over medium heat. When hot, spoon the batter onto the pan, cook until the bottom is golden brown. Flip and cook until golden. Serve with Golden Syrup or fruit of your choice.
- STEP 3The batter can be made in advance and stored in the fridge until you are ready to make them.