- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
Mild curried chicken recipe that my mother used to make in the 70s, that is massively popular with my children now.
- 4 chicken portions
- 2 onions
- 75g butter
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 4 tablespoons brandy
- 1/2 pint single cream
- 3 teaspoons mild curry powder
- Salt and pepper to season
- STEP 1Slice onion into rings. Heat butter and oil in a large pan then add the onion and sauté with lid on the pan on for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- STEP 2Add the chicken pieces to the onions. With the lid on, over a gentle heat saute the chicken, for about 10 minutes until it is white and looks only just cooked. Turning occasionally.
- STEP 3Stir in curry powder and seasoning. Cook for another couple of minutes.
- STEP 4Remove pan from the heat and stir in the brandy. Cook for a minute or two then remove from the heat and stir through the cream. Keep warm in a very low oven until required.