Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
melty iced cup cakes
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- 20 - 25 minutes
- Makes Cakes
A small treat. Chocolately melt in the middle of a small cake.
For the cakes
- 172g butter softened
- 172g caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 172g self-raising flour
- 100g milk chocolate
- Icing and decoration
- 200g icing sugar
- 2 tbsp warm water
- A few drops of edible food colouring (optional)
- Sprinkles and other edible items to decorate
- STEP 1Preheat the oven 190*C . Place 19 small cases in a muffin tin.
- STEP 2Place the butter and caster sugar in a large bowl and cream together with a wooden spoon or electric mixer until pale and fluffy.
- STEP 3Add the eggs one by one beating well after each addison. Add the flour to the mix stirring well.
- STEP 4Divide the mixture evenly in the small cases. Press a square of chocolate lightly down in each of the small cases.
- STEP 5Place the muffin tin in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes. Cool on a wire rack for 5 minuets.
- STEP 6For the icing, place the icing sugar in a small bowl and add enough water so it becomes a smooth paste. Stir a few drops of food colouring if used until you get the colour you like. Spread the icing over the individual cakes and decorate as you like.