Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Carrot and Coriander soup
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Serves 4
one of my own creations, it is traditional but has a cinamony tang!
- 700g of carrots finely diced
- 2 small onions finely diced
- 50g of butter
- 1/2 tsp of cinamon
- 2 tsp of crushed coriander seeds
- 1.1 litres of vegetable stock
- Salt and Pepper
- STEP 1Heat the butter in the pan until it is frothing, then add the finely diced carrot and onion. Fry until soft, however continue to stir so they do not burn.
- STEP 2Add the cinamon and seasoning (to taste) then stir well. Leave for a minute without stiring then add the stock. (Be careful the stock may spit as you pore it in.)
- STEP 3Let the soup simmer for around 20 minutes or until the vegetables are tender. Then add the coriander.
- STEP 4Either using a food mixer or a hand blender purÃÂ©e the soup, then return to the heat for five minutes before serving