Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Earl grey tea scones
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Plus 15 minutes cooking time
- Serves 12
An unusual twist on the traditional scone!
- 250g self raising flour
- Plain flour to dust work surface
- 55g butter
- 1 earl grey tea bag
- 25g sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 150ml milk
- STEP 1Pre-heat the oven to 180 fan and line a tray with baking paper. Add the flour, leaves out of the tea bag salt and butter into a bowl and rub until it resembles breadcrumbs.
- STEP 2Mix in the sugar. Pour in almost all the milk until you have a dough.
- STEP 3Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured work surface and cut into 12 using a cookie cutter.
- STEP 4Put the scones on the tray and glaze with left over milk and cook for 10-15 minutes.
- STEP 5Serve!