Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Slow Cooker Beef Bourguignon
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 6
Delicious, fuss-free recipe. Do all the hard work in the morning, leave all day and enjoy the results when you get home from work!
- 1 3/4kg Silverside Beef, cut into cubes
- 100g Streaky Bacon, chopped
- 30ml Vegetable Oil
- 4 cloves Garlic, minced
- 2 large Onions, sliced
- 1 Celery, sliced
- 2 Carrots, finely sliced & blanched for 5 mins
- 1tbsp Plain Flour
- 15ml Tomato Puree
- 150ml Beef Stock
- 300ml Red Wine
- 350g Mushrooms, quartered
- 1tbsp Dijon Mustard
- Bouquet Garni
- 2 Bay Leaves
- Salt & Pepper
- STEP 1Pre warm the slow cooker.
- STEP 2Heat the oil and fry the beef cubes until brown and transfer to the slow cooker.
- STEP 3Fry th onions, bacon and vegetables for 5 minutes. Stir in the flour and fry a further minute.
- STEP 4Pour the wine and stock into the pan with the herbs and mustard and stir thoroughly. Bring to the boil.
- STEP 5Transfer all the ingredients to the slow cooker.
- STEP 6Cover and cook on a low setting for 8 hours.
- STEP 7Taste and adjust seasoning.