Creamy Broccoli & Cheese Soup
Member recipe by emmabubble
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 head of broccoli, stalks trimmed and cut into florets
- 1l chicken stock
- 250ml single cream
- 175g mature cheddar cheese, grated
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- warm the olive oil in a large soup pot and add the onions. Cook until soft and golden in colour. Add the potatoes and continue to stir for a few minutes.
- Add the chicken stock and bring to the boil. Add the broccoli florets and reduce to simmer.
- Continue to simmer for around 20 minutes or until the potatoes and broccoli are soft.
- Blend until smooth and then stir in the cream. Continue to simmer on a low heat and gradually add the cheddar stirring continuously for around 10 minutes. Season and serve.