Spiced Apple and Yoghurt Cake
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 8
Lovely in the Winter or Summer!
- 3 Medium Eggs
- Caster Sugar
- Self Raising Flour
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 Tbsp Milk
- 2 Tbsp Natural Yoghurt
- 1 Tsp Mixed Spice
- 3 Apples (Braeburn, Cox)
- 1 Tbsp Light Brown Sugar
- STEP 1Preheat your oven on 190c. Line and butter a 20cm springform cake tin.
- STEP 2Weigh your eggs and weigh the same amount of butter, sugar and flour.
- STEP 3Beat your butter and sugar together, until pale and creamy.
- STEP 4Beat your eggs, then add half of the eggs to the butter and sugar, with a tbsp of flour and stir.
- STEP 5Stir in the rest of your eggs. Sieve in your flour and fold the mixture with a metal spoon.
- STEP 6Now add your milk, lemon juice and yoghurt and spice then stir. Set aside the mixture.
- STEP 7Peel, core your apples and slice your apples. Then put them in a pan with the brown sugar and a bit of water. Cook the apples until tender.
- STEP 8Once the apples are tender, cover the base of your cake tin with them, leaving small gaps around the edge of the tin and between the apple slices.
- STEP 9Put the cake mixture into your tin and bake for 30- 35 minutes.