Perfect Pancake Perfection!
- Preparation and cooking time
- Makes 12
The basic but appetizing pancakes for 12 people!Perfect for beginners or children!
- 140g Plain Flour
- 200 ml whole milk
- 2 medium eggs
- 25g unsalted butter,melted,plus a little extra for greasing the pan
- pinch of salt(optional)
- 100 ml of water
- STEP 1Sift the flour into a mixing bowl adding a pinch of salt.Next, make a well in the centre and break the eggs into it.Then,whisk whilst gradually adding the milk and water also start incorporating the flour when the whisking is finished.
- STEP 2Although the whisking stopped you have to start whisking again adding the butter in this time .Make sure it is all mixed extremely well!
- STEP 3Heat your frying pan over a medium heat . Quickly put some butter on some kitchen roll and wipe the pan all around (do this for every 1 or 2 pancakes).Pour about 2 tbsp of your mixture in the pan and swirl it around so it is all evenly coated.
- STEP 4You would want to cook the first side for about 45 seconds whilst scraping on the side with a spatula to make sure it does not stick .When the time is up,flip the pancake over and cook that side for about 25-30 seconds until there are freckles on the back and it start rising in some parts .
- STEP 5Finally,slide the pancake out of the pan on to a plate or make a stack (to make a stack do the same thing but pile the pancakes on top of each other).Serve with sugar,lemon,icing sugar,nutella or any other ingredient of your choice!Dig a folk in and enjoy !