Cheesy fish pie
Member recipe by emily665
A cheesy pie with flakey pieces of Salmon, white and smoked fish in a dijon mustard sauce!
- 675g (1 1/2 lb) potatoes, peeled and
- 1-2 heaped tablespoons of butter/margarine
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Smoked haddock
- fresh/frozen cod or haddock,
- Peeled and cooked prawns
- 2 baby leeks/1 big onion, chopped
- 150ml (1/4 pint) fish stock
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 teaspoon/to taste dijon mustard
- Semi-skimmed/skimmed milk (put enough milk in to make the sauce to your own thickness)
- grated Cheddar cheese enough to cover the mash potato
- chopped fresh parsley to garnish
- Preheat oven to 220 C / Gas mark 7.
- Boil potatoes in a saucepan till well done. Drain and mash until smooth. Mix in the butter/margarine and season well with salt and black pepper.
- Remove the skin and bones from the fish and cut into bite size pieces. Place in the bottom of an ovenproof baking dish along with the prawns.
- Place the leeks/onion and the fish stock in a medium saucepan and cook for 1 to 2 minutes. Sprinkle the flour over and mix well. Cook for a further minute, then add the mustard and beat well. Gradually add the milk, stirring continuously to prevent any lumps from forming. Bring to the boil, allowing the sauce to thicken. Pour sauce over the fish in the baking dish. Allow to cool for 20 minutes, then cover with the mash, either using a fork or piping using a piping bag with a large star shaped nozzle.
- Top with cheese and bake in preheated oven for 30 to 40 minutes until golden. Just before serving, sprinkle with the chopped parsley. Serve with minted peas and other vegetables.