Sweet and sour sauce with pineapple
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
Simple, quick and easy sweet and sour sauce
- 100ml cold water
- 50ml cider vinegar
- 1/2 pineapple
- 1 1/2 tablespoons tomato ketchup
- 3 tablespoons caster sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornflour
- STEP 1Juice half of the pineapple, use the juice for the base of the sauce in step two and then the leftover chunks in step 4
- STEP 2Add water, vinegar, pineapple juice, ketchup and sugar into a pan.
- STEP 3Dissolve cornflour in 1 tablespoon water and add to pan.
- STEP 4Continuously stirring, bring all ingredients to the boil, then turn down to simmer and add pineapple, before stirring for another 2 minutes.