Rustic Lamb Soup
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Serves 6
A chunky, rustic soup made with lamb leftovers and root vegetables.
- 200g Shredded Lamb from a leftover joint
- 4 small onions
- 4 carrots
- 2 leeks
- 1 celeriac
- 4 large potatoes
- 1 large sweet potato
- 600ml Lamb stock
- 1.4L water
- STEP 1Place the lamb stock, bones from the lamb joint and 600ml of water in a large pan. Leave to simmer, uncovered, on a medium heat for 1 hour 30 minutes. Meanwhile, peel and cube all of the vegetables.
- STEP 2Sieve the liquid from the stock into a fresh pan and add the sweet potato, celeriac and carrots and boil for another 20 minutes. Meanwhile, boil the potatoes in a separate pan.
- STEP 3Add the potatoes and remaining leeks and onions along with the shredded Lamb. Warm on a medium heat for 5-10 minutes.
- STEP 4Season to taste and serve with large slices of rustic bread.