Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Tropical chicken pitta burgers with potato wedges
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
Minty chicken burgers perfect for a mid-week meal or weekend bbq! Quick and easy to make - what's not to love? Can use turkey or chicken, baps or pittas.
- 600g sweet potato, cut into wedges
- 1/4 small pineapple, peeled, cored, thinly sliced or tinned pineapple slices
- 2 x 250g chicken or turkey breast fillets
- 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning
- 4 small wholegrain rolls or wholemeal pitta breads
- 80g mixed baby lettuce leaves
- 1/4 cup mint leaves
- 1/2 cucumber, cut into ribbons with a peeler
- STEP 1Preheat oven to 200°C. Line a large baking tray with baking paper. Place sweet potato on prepared tray and spray with olive oil. Bake for 30 minutes, or until golden and tender.
- STEP 2Spray a grill pan with oil and set over high heat. Cook pineapple slices for 2 minutes on each side, or until lightly charred and heated through. Transfer to a plate.
- STEP 3Meanwhile, cut each chicken breast horizontally into 2 thin fillets. Place chicken on a plate. Spray fillets with olive oil, then sprinkle with Cajun seasoning.
- STEP 4Cook chicken on grill plate for 2–3 minutes each side, or until browned and cooked through.
- STEP 5Meanwhile, preheat grill. Toast rolls until light golden. Place roll bases on 4 serving plates. Top with the lettuce, cucumber, mint, chicken and pineapple. Add the tops of rolls to burgers. Serve with the sweet potato wedges.