Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Tomato & Thyme Soup
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Serves 6
A simple tomato soup with thyme flavour for interest.
- 750g Roma Tomatoes
- 1 onion
- 1 large carrot
- Small bunch of thyme (2tbsp)
- 1 clove garlic
- 70g tomato puree
- 2 beef stock cubes
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 1tbsp sugar
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- STEP 1Cut the tomatoes in quarters. Cut out the white hard cores. Dice the onion and the carrot. Finely chop the thyme.
- STEP 2Dissolve the 2 stock cubes in 750ml of very hot water.
- STEP 3Heat the olive oil in a soup pan on a medium flame. Add the tomato puree and fry for 1 minute. Cut or press the garlice and add this to the puree. Add the onion, chopped carrot. Add salt and pepper. Cook until the onion is soft.
- STEP 4Add the stock, the tomatoes and thyme and bring to cook on a high heat for 10-15mins. The tomatoes shoudl start to fall apart. Add the sugar.
- STEP 5Take the mixture off the heat. Puree with a blender.