Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Spanish Chorizo and White Bean Stew
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
A winter warmer and no mistake! This sensational store-cupboard recipe is taken to another level by the picante perfection of a good Spanish sausage.
- Soft Spanish Chorizo
- 1 red onion (finely sliced)
- 2 garlic cloves (crushed)
- 1 red pepper (diced small)
- Olive oil
- 150ml red wine
- 400g (1 tin) whole, peeled plum tomatoes
- 225g (1 tin) white beans such a cannellini
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp dried chili
- STEP 1Start by taking the skin off the chorizo sausage and then chop it into small cubes.
- STEP 2Fry the chorizo in a little olive oil until it begins to release its own beautiful red oils into the pan. The meat should crumble until it resembles mince meat.
- STEP 3Add the onion, garlic and red pepper to the pan and fry gently until soft and sweet. Add more olive oil if the onion begins to take on colour.
- STEP 4Turn up the heat and pour in the glass of wine. Allow to reduce by a third and then turn the heat back down.
- STEP 5Remove the tomatoes from the tin, retaining as much of the juice as possible. Squish each tomato between your fingers and then add to the pan.
- STEP 6Stir in the paprika, chilli and then season with salt to taste. Cook over a low heat for ten minutes and then add the beans. Simmer gently for a further fifteen minutes or until the sauce is thick.
- STEP 7Serve with crusty bread and a large glass of a Spanish red with lots of oomph. If you've enjoyed this recipe please visit my blog for more simple, seasonal food. Thanks. AreYouAlwaysCooking.wordpress.com