Member recipe by eddiefication000
A simple and mouth-watering dish with a lovely thick sauce, this makes an impressive centerpiece for a dinner party.
- 100g butter
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 2 Medium Onions, finely chopped
- 1 tsp Fresh Ginger Root, finely chopped
- 2 tsp Garam Masala
- 2 tsp Ground Coriander
- 1 tsp Chilli Powder
- 1 tsp Black Cumin Seeds
- 1 tsp Fresh Garlic, crushed
- 3 Whole Green Cardamoms
- 3 Whole Black Peppercorns
- 150 ml Natural Yogurt
- 2 tbsp Tomato Puree (paste)
- 8 Chicken Pieces or 1lb Diced Chicken
- 150 ml Water
- 2 Whole Bay Leaves
- 150 ml Single (light) Cream
- To Garnish
- Fresh Coriander Leaves
- 2 Green Chillies, chopped
- Heat the butter and oil in a large frying pan. Add the onions and fry until golden brown, stirring. Reduce the heat.
- Crush the fresh ginger and place in a bowl. Add the garam masala, ground coriander, ginger, chilli powder, black cumin seeds, garlic, cardamoms and black peppercorns and blend. Add the yogurt and tomato puree and stir to combine.
- Add the chicken pieces or diced chicken to the yogurt and spice mixture and mix to coat well.
- Add the chicken to the onions in the pan and stir fry vigorously, making semi circular movements, for 5-7 minutes.
- Add the water and the bay leaves to the mixture in the pan and leave to simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the cream and cook for a further 10-15 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh coriander leaves and chilies and serve hot.