Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Salted Fava (Broad) Beans
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Overnight if using dried beans
- Makes Batch
gorgeous little crunchy snacks, absolutely perfect for pre dinner nibbles and so morish. Also great in salads. Good way of using up garden glut.
- 125g dried broad beans (fava or horse bean)
- 200g fresh broad beans
- 50g plain flour
- 25g brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- twist balck pepper
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 4tsbp olive oil
- STEP 1preheat oven to 180C
- STEP 2steam beans for five minutes (or presoak dried beans overnight. drain and dunk in cold water to cool slightly
- STEP 3add all the other ingredients to a bowl to make a thick batter. add the beans and stir to coat.
- STEP 4spread evenly on a greased baking tin and bake for 35 minutes, turning half way through.