Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Spaghetti Bolognese with Pancetta & Salami
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
A variation of the classic bolognese, inspired by many reviewed recipes. The variety of meats coupled with the wine/balsamic flavouring give this a deliciously sharp, rich taste.
- 250g Minced Beef
- 160g Pancetta (diced)
- 2 slices Italian Salami (chopped)
- 400g Chopped Tomatoes
- 1 Red Onion (sliced)
- 1 Onion (sliced)
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 150ml Red Wine
- 50ml Balsamic Vinegar
- 100ml Stock (beef)
- 1 tsp Dried Oregano
- 1 tbsp Fresh Basil (chopped) plus whole leaves to serve (optional)
- 1 or 1/2 Red Pepper (sweet or bell sliced)
- Parmesan to serve
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp Tomato Puree
- Spaghetti weighed depending on personal preference
- STEP 1Heat the olive oil in a deep pan and then fry the onion and pepper until soft. Add the pancetta and garlic and heat further for a few minutes. Add the beef mince and fry until brown all over. Stir in the oregano and add seasoning.
- STEP 2Add the puree and stir in before adding the chopped tomoatoes and stir in. Add the red wine, balsamic vinegar and stock. Bring to the boil and simmer until the liquid has reduced to creamy sauce. Now, boil a saucepan of water and cook the spaghetti as per it's instructions.
- STEP 3Mix in the chopped basil and heat through. Add further seasoning if preferred. Serve with whole basil leaves if preferred and lashings of your favourite parmesan.