Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Roasted Vegetable Soup
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Serves 4
Roasted Butternut Squash and Sweet Potato Soup with a bit of a kick to keep you warm in the winter months.
- 1 medium sized onion diced
- 1 butternut squash peeled and cubed
- 2 sweet potatoes peeled and cubed
- (you want equal amounts of squash and potato)
- 950ml of chicken or vegetable stock
- garlic powder
- chilli powder
- curry powder
- natural yogurt/ sour cream
- olive oil
- STEP 1Put the squash and sweet potato in a roasting tray with olive oil and seasoning (garlic, chilli, curry, salt, pepper) , put in the pre heated oven at 180 for 20-25 mins or until lightly browned
- STEP 2Lightly fry the onions in butter, if you want you can add seasoning to the onions and remove from heat. Have the stock ready.
- STEP 3When the sweet potato and squash is ready take out of oven and leave to cool slightly.
- STEP 4After about 5 minutes put the roasted vegetables in the pot with the onions and resume cooking.
- STEP 5Add the stock and simmer for 15 minutes (or until the vegetables are soft enough to blend).
- STEP 6Allow to cool for 5 minutes and blend until smooth.
- STEP 7Optional: When serving add a spoonful of natural yogurt