Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Thick vegetable soup.
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Serves 6
Warm creamy and flavoursome vegetable soup
- 1 large red onion
- 1 large white onion
- 3 large carrots
- 1 whole turnip
- 7 white potatoes
- 2 pints of water
- 3 vegetable stock cubes
- Frozen veg
A little cream for decoration (optional)
- A little cream for decoration (optional)
- STEP 1Finely slice both onions and fry in a little oil until soft.
- STEP 2boil the kettle and measure 2 pints and add the 3 stock cubes. add this to the onions
- STEP 3chop the carrots, turnip and potatoes, add to the pan, add salt and pepper to season
- STEP 4leave to boil gently until everything is soft.
- STEP 5when soft blend the soup until it looks like a puree.
- STEP 6put back on the hob and add as much or as little frozen veg as you wish to have and simmer gently for 10 mins, add salt and pepper to season.
- STEP 7serve hot and spiral a little cream over the top for decoration
- STEP 8if you want it thinner add more vegetable stock little at a time