Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Prawn & green bean pilaff
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Serves 4
Not too spicy one-pot with prawns and rice
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 300g basmati rice
- 200g green beans, trimmed and halved
- 1-2 tbsp curry powder or paste
- 400g chopped tomatoes
- 425ml vegetable stock
- 200g peeled prawns
- chopped coriander and lemon wedges, to serve
- STEP 1Heat the oil in a large saucepan, add the onion and fry until lightly browned. Stir in the rice and green beans, cook until the rice is glistening. Add the curry paste or powder, then cook gently for 2 mins. Tip in the tomatoes, stock, salt and pepper and bring to the boil.
- STEP 2Cover and cook for 12-15 mins, until the rice is tender. Stir in the prawns and heat through. Serve each portion scattered with the coriander and a lemon wedge.