Green Risotto with pesto
Member recipe by alessandra75
- For the RISOTTO
- 150g italian Arborio rice (for risotto)
- 50g fresh peas, shelled
- 1 small courgette, diced
- 1 fresh artichoke, peeled and sliced
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 20g celery, finely chopped
- 1/2 l of hot vegetable stock
- 1/2 glass of dry white wine
- 1 organic lemon (optional)
- 3-4 tbsp of homemade pesto
- For the PESTO:
- 1 bunch of fresh basil leaves
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tbsp of grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese (Parmesan)
- 1-2 tbsp of pine nuts
- extra virgin olive oil
- Heat some oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat. Add the onion, stir for 2 min. then add the rice and toast it, stirring constantly, for 1 min.
- Add the wine and stir until evaporated. Add the artichoke, the celery and the courgette. Then add 1 ladleful of hot stock, stir until absorbed. Reduce the heat. Add the rest of stock a ladleful at time -stirring continously- until the rice is almost cooked and stock absorbed.
- Meanwhile make the pesto: put the basil leaves, garlic, cheese and pine nuts to the processor, pulse adding enough oil to obtain a creamy sauce. Season with salt.
- Before (5 min.) the rice is completely cooked stir the peas and the pesto through the risotto. Serve topped with basil leaves and, if liked, a grated of lemon peel.