Bread crostini and pancetta
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Serves 4
- 1 long French loaf (in italian "filoncino")
- 100 g of Italian pancetta (or unsmoked bacon)
- some fresh thyme
- 3-4 tbsp of pinenuts
- 3-4 tbsp of olive oil
- ground white pepper
- STEP 1Preheat the oven to 350F/175C/gas 4, cut the loaf in thin slices (about 1-2 cm thick) and toast them in the oven for some minutes.
- STEP 2Toast the pinenuts in a pan, without any fat, until light brown.
- STEP 3Cover the "filoncino" slices with some pancetta, decorate with a few toasted pinenuts and some leaves of fresh thyme. Sprinkle with extra-virgin olive oil and a bit of ground white pepper. Serve already made.