Chocolate Victoria Sponge
Member recipe by donovansmummy
- 283g Self Raising Flour
- 283g Butter/margarine
- 283g Caster Sugar
- 5 Eggs
- 2 teaspoons of Vanilla extract
- Medium tub of double cream
- Chocolate Frosting.
- Put the sugar and butter into the bowl and cream together.
- Add the eggs one at a time. Add a little flour if the mixture seems to curdle.
- Add the vanilla extract and mix together
- Add the remaining flour and mix until a smooth mixture is formed
- Split the mixture between two greased cake tins and cook on 180 degrees for 15-30minutes until golden brown and the cake springs back into shape.
- Leave to cool in the tins for 10minutes then transfer to wire rack to cool completely
- Once cooled spread chocolate frosting on one side of the cake then add the whipped double cream on top.
- Carefully Sandwich the two cakes together and apply the chocolate frosting.
- Start on the sides of the cake and carefully using your pallete knife apply the chocolate frosting. Once all the side have been done spread the chocolate frosting on the top of the cake.
- My cake was for my daughter 4th Birthday So I made a sponge minnie mouse for the top. But would normally do it without. Serve immediately or put in the fridge for 30mins if you want the chocolate to set.