- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 3 tbsp. black peppercorns (crushed slightly)
- 1 shallot (minced)
- 40g salted butter
- 100ml double cream
- 150ml vegetable stock
- STEP 1Melt the butter in a saucepan over low heat.
- STEP 2Add the shallots to the melted butter and cook over a medium heat until soft then add crushed peppercorn and stir for about 2 minutes.
- STEP 3Add Vegetable stock to pan and bring to the boil and reduce mixture by half
- STEP 4Turn heat down to low and add double cream slowly while stirring. Allow Cream to heat though but not boil. Once the sauce thickens to your liking remove from the heat and serve.