Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Apple Grana Padano tartlets
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Makes Tartlets
In this easy Italian recipe for apple and Grana Padano tartlets they recline happily on puff pastry and are drizzled with honey and baked until puffed up and golden. I must add that this is not my recipe, I found it on the delicious magazine website and its by Silvana Franco
- 375g pack fresh ready-rolled puff pastry
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 tbsp demerara sugar
- 2 tart red apples, such as Braeburn or Cox's pippins
- 2 tbsp runny honey
- 2 tbsp grated Grana Padano
- To serve
- 250g tub mascarpone
- 2 tbsp icing sugar
- Few drops vanilla extract
- STEP 1Preheat the oven to 190C/fan170C/gas 5. Cut the pastry in half lengthways, then cut each pastry strip into 4 even-size rectangles. Place on a baking sheet lined with baking paper. Brush with milk and sprinkle with the demerara sugar.
- STEP 2Halve and core the apples then slice thinly. Arrange on the pastry rectangles, then drizzle over the honey and scatter with the cheese. Bake for 15-20 minutes in the oven, until puffed up and golden.
- STEP 3Mix together the mascarpone, icing sugar and vanilla extract, and serve with the tartlets.